Please join A&B Burgers at the second annual Run for Amy Memorial Trail Race, on September 22nd through beautiful Appleton Farms in Ipswich, MA. The race, in memory of Amy DiAdamo Foster, is meant to celebrate her life through embracing her passions of both running and spending time outdoors. Equally as important to Amy was the opportunity to gather friends and host a great party so don’t plan on leaving after your race, as music, food and libations are part of the festivities! A&B Burgers will be serving up some burgers & hot dogs for everyone to fill up on post run!
The race is intended to be casual – we will run through the trails of Appleton Farms, a mix of single track trails and dirt roads, with some beautiful views along the way. I suppose we wouldn’t really be honoring Amy’s memory if there wasn’t some form of competition involved…prizes awarded for top adult & child 5K/10K finishers.
- Location: Appleton Farms, 219 County Rd, Ipswich, MA 01938
- The race will start and end near the visitor center, with folks gathering before and after in the stone paddock
- 2 p.m. race start time, both for the 5K and 10K. This year we have also added a ~1 mile walk that will start shortly after the runners depart. The registration fee is $35 for adults and $15 for kids under 10, t-shirts will be given to everyone that registers by August 31
- We will have a myriad of food / dessert trucks and beer / wine / sodas available, as well as live music, so we hope everyone will stay afterwards!
- Kids are encouraged to join into the fun and the race, there will be prizes for the top kid finishers in each of the 5K and 10K
All proceeds from the race will go both to Dana Farber to support cancer research, as well as to Appleton Farms (a Trustees of Reservations property) to support their leadership in sustaining such beautiful spaces.